201 S. Miller Street Suite #209
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Our Mission: To partner with all members of the community to achieve resiliency against substance use, reductions in violence, and promote a healthy and safe environment for our youth and families.
Updated News on Local Social
Fines will be levied for hosting parties that allow minors to drink. Click here for more information on this local ordinance and what it means for you and your family. Santa Maria Valley Youth take a stand against drugs and alcohol. KCOY TV covers the story here.
Designed to help students stay connected to school and increase attendance.
Strengthen student/parent relationships by learning effective communication skills.
Local students, who are motivated to take a stand against drugs and alcohol in their schools and community, seek other interested young people willing to make a committment to create positive change in our community.
- The economic impact of alcohol use in California is $38 billion annually in medical expenses, criminal justice, and lost productivity.
- Approximately 9.3 percent of the state’s population are dependent on alcohol and drugs.
- There were 3,867 alcohol-related deaths in California in 2006.
- In Santa Barbara County 9.6% of all motor vehicle accidents were associated with alcohol or drug use, 34.8% of fatal motor vehicle accidents involved alcohol or drug use.
- Deaths due to motor vehicle accidents in Santa Barbara County were much more common among male drivers 15-24 years of age.
- Accidental drug overdose was the 3rd leading cause of death in the Santa Barbara County.
Help the children, teens, and families in our community! Please check here for information on how you can make a contribution. Fighting Back Santa Maria Valley is a coalition of dedicated local political and business leaders, governmental and private service agencies, faith groups, youth and parents, who are all committed to serving the children, teens and families of Northern Santa Barbara County. Please explore our website to find out more about our many programs and resources. For more information contact us.