Want to make sure that every Santa Barbara County teenager who is in Foster Care gets a Gift card for Christmas? Click on the button below:
Don’t just celebrate Christmas this year — BE Christmas for a local foster child
Being in foster care can be a lonely time for children. It can be worse if there is not a present under the tree. We want to make sure this does not happen. There are over 450 children in Santa Barbara County foster homes right now. There are 200 teenagers. Others will make sure those under 13 will receive presents, but for those 13 and over it depends on you.
It is our goal that each child receives $100 worth of presents this holiday season.
Here’s how you can help:
- You can continue to support each agencies’ individual efforts to provide for these children
- You can sponsor a child ($100) or a family ($500) or even give a partial donation ($1, $5, $10) of any amount and we will combine it with other community member efforts.
Three ways to give:
- Give online to Fighting Back Santa Maria Valley by clicking on the “be Christmas” button here. Give online at the Church For Life Website and choose the Foster Christmas button here.
- Mail a check to either agency with Foster Christmas in the memo to Church for Life, 3130 Skyway Dr., Santa Maria, CA 93455 or Fighting Back Santa Maria Valley, 201 S. Miller Street Suite 209, Santa Maria CA 93454.
- Text :” to BeChristmas” to 88588 and follow the instructions.
All agencies responsible for these children are collaborating to achieve this goal. Don’t just celebrate Christmas, Be Christmas this year for a child in foster care.
The following agencies are collaborating on this project:
- Santa Barbara County Child Welfare Services
- Family Care Network
- Fighting Back Santa Maria Valley
- Pathway Family Services
- Angels Foster Care
- Church for Life
Help us spread the word! Download this flyer and post it in your place of business or worship.